On the street, poker lovers (in the literal sense of the word) are a real holiday! The main prize of the WSOP Online tournament with a guarantee of 5 million went to the Brazilian hobby player Eduardo Pires.
This story was shared by the guys from the Brazilian resource SuperPoker. Eduardo Pires, along with his wife and daughter, went to Foz do Iguacu to celebrate Father’s Day.
While the girls were shopping, Eduardo decided to pass the time on his phone in the $ 1,500 WSOP Millionaire Maker at GGPOKEROK. No laggy internet, no ambient noise – nothing stopped Eduardo from entering the tournament and winning $ 1,390,967 – the largest prize money in Brazilian online poker history. That’s $ 191K more than Brazil’s previous record.
In the final hand, Eduardo Pires shoved the river with a straight on a 3-flush board and was called on the second pair.
Eduardo Pires is an amateur player, businessman, investor, and manager of a beverage company. The biggest win so far was $ 20,257 for 21st in SCOOP-92-M: $ 1,050 NLHE at PokerStars.
# WSOP2021 Finalists Payout $ 1,500 Millionaire Maker (5,437 Registrations):
- Eduardo Pires (Eduardo Pires) Brazil – $ 1.39M
- Lukas Hafner Austria – $ 984.4K
- Tauan Naves Brazil – $ 700.2K
- Xiongbin “zxb8553624” Zhang (Xiongbin Zhang) China – $ 498.1K
- Paul “PaulRisman” Fisher (Paul Fisher) Canada – $ 354.3K
- Victor Begara Brazil – $ 252K
- Lachezar “Psychedelica” Petkov (Lachezar Petkov) Brazil – $ 179.2K
- Tomas Jozonis Lithuania CoronaMyAss Lithuania – $ 127.5K
- Oscar “brudi030” Preem (Oskar Prehm) Austria – $ 90.7K