The partypoker brand leaves Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania on 7 June. The events are taking place against the backdrop of the recent takeover of Enlabs (poker rooms BestPoker and Optibet), so in today’s article, Pokeroff will tell you what to expect in the Baltics.
Partypoker brand is leaving the Baltics, but it will be possible to play through Optibet
March 22 we became knownthat the parent company partypoker Entain swallowed up Enlabs… Up to this point, Enlabs’ windows (BestPoker and Optibet) operated on the iPoker network, and for a long time there was a question in the air – what will the new owners do with them?
On May 5, BestPoker announced that it would be closing on May 31, with player accounts not going anywhere. At the same time, we learned that in the near future the priority for Enlabs will be to enter the Latvian and Estonian markets, and at the same time the local brand Optibet-dot-com will be closed.
May 25th puzzle finished – partypoker brand announced on leaving the markets of Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia from June 7. Users will still have access to the partypoker client, but they will not be able to play or participate in promotions, but only withdraw their funds. All tournament tickets and unpaid bonuses will expire.
On May 27, Pokeroff received information that the Balts’ partypoker accounts will be transferred to the corresponding legal showcases Optibet… It will be possible to play in a common pool with the rest of the partypoker players.
- Lithuanian partypoker players will switch to Optibet.lt, but at first there will be only casino and bets (no poker)
- Partypoker players from Latvia will switch to Optibet.lv – they will have access to all products (poker, casino, bets)
- Partypoker players from Estonia will switch to Optibet.ee – they will have access to all products (poker, casino, bets)
Baltic residents will be able to play in the partypoker shared pool through the Optibet platform. You can use your old partypoker account to play
If these events concern you, then you will receive all the necessary information by mail. You are advised to withdraw your money either before migrating your partypoker accounts to Optibet, or after. Tentatively, it will take place from June 7 to 14.
IMPORTANT! Your balance will not be transferred from partypoker to Optibet – you must withdraw money from the partypoker cashier.
IMPORTANT!  If you have played on Optibet-dot-com and want to play on the partypoker network through your affiliate, then you are recommended to register using its link on partypoker – the link to it will be transferred to the corresponding Optibet showcase when the account migration process is completed.
Partypoker’s new strategy is to work only on legal markets
A new page in the history of partypoker owners came in December 2020, when Entain left a number of gray markets: Poland, Norway and Montenegro. There is now a rumor circulating on the network that even a separate partypoker Sochi client for Russian players will probably close, but the game on partypoker.com will be available.
Why is all this being done? There are three reasons:
- The desire to completely “whitewash” and work everywhere legally. This approach opens up significantly more opportunities.
- The fashion trend among the giants of online gambling. Unibet was one of the first to “brag” about super profits from work in legal markets.
- Desire to work in the USA. This is probably the most important point, since in the eyes of the US gambling commission, an operator must look impeccable in order to get a license to work. Nobody wants to repeat the experience of PokerStars, when the room for 2-3 years could not enter the US market due to past misconduct (work in the gray markets). By the way, Entain is doing great in this matter – the other day their brand BWIN.PARTY extended its license to operate in Nevada for three years.
Read the latest news from the world of online poker in our telegram @pokeroffru and participate in weekly giveaways.