We compared WCOOP 2021 with last year, published the full schedule and talked about the related promotions of the main series of PokerStars.
WCOOP 2021 at a glance
- Dates: from August 22 to September 15
- General Warranty: $ 100M
- Buy-ins: from $ 5.50 to $ 25,000
- Number of tournaments: 102 events in three buy-ins (306 tournaments in total)
Bigger and Better Than Ever – WCOOP 2021 vs 2020 Comparison
In the announcement of the PokerStars Blog, the organizers promise:
WCOOP 2021 will be the biggest and greatest streak ever.
So far, everything agrees with the first statement: there are 306 tournaments in the schedule, when, like last year, there were 225. For the first time, WCOOP will be held with a record guarantee of $ 100M – this is $ 20M more than last year.
The buy-in range has narrowed. In 2020, it was possible to win the trophy for as little as $ 2.20, in 2021, the lowest buy-in was $ 5.50. But WCOOP is still democratic: 23 tournaments will be held with a buy-in of $ 5.50; another 39 – with a buy-in of $ 11.
In all other respects, WCOOP remains the same. Three buy-ins options, a third of the schedule are non-Hold’em events: HORSE, 8-games, 2-7 Triple Draw, 6+, Stud, Razz, Badugi, Omaha varieties.
WCOOP Main Events and Full Series Schedule
The $ 16M guarantee will be awarded across six Main Events starting September 16th.
- 91-L: $ 55 NLHE [8-Max, NLHE Main Event], $ 1.5M guarantee (was $ 1.25M)
- 91-M: $ 530 NLHE [8-Max, NLHE Main Event], $ 2.5M guarantee (was $ 2M)
- 91-H: $ 5,200 NLHE [8-Max, NLHE Main Event], $ 10M guarantee (was $ 10M)
- 92-L: $ 109 PLO [6-Max, PLO Main Event]$ 275K guarantee (was $ 300K)
- 92-M: $ 1,050 PLO [6-Max, PLO Main Event], $ 750K guarantee (was $ 750K)
- 92-H: $ 10,300 PLO [6-Max, PLO Main Event], $ 1M guarantee (was $ 1.25M)
In three major events, the guarantee decreased, in two it remained unchanged, and in only one it became larger.
WCOOP 2021 Promotions: Leaderboard, $ 700K Ticket Machine, Invite Freeroll & Special Spin & Go
- Leaderboard with a total prize pool of $ 100K added to the series. Prizes will go to the best players in each buy-in category (Low, Medium, High) and the best one in the entire series. How the awards will be distributed will be announced closer to the start of the series.
- WCOOP Ticket Machine with $ 750K Prize Pool… Every day from 23 August to 13 September, WCOOP entrants can randomly receive a ticket to a series tournament. There will be at least two Main Event tickets drawn every day.
- Freeroll for all WCOOP 2021 winners with a prize fund of 10 tickets to the Main Event will be held on September 22.
- Special Spin & Go with buy-ins of $ 4 and $ 22Winning WCOOP Main Event tickets have been added to the lobby.
- WCOOP Fast Track Satellites – step satellites through which you can qualify for the Main Event. The selection scheme looks like this: SNG for $ 1 → SNG for $ 11 → MTT for $ 109 → MTT for $ 1,050.
Follow the news from the world of online and offline poker in the Telegram channel Pokeroff.